Upon retirement of President & Founder, Eileen Jones, The Gift of Hearing Foundation
will be closing their doors on December 31, 2017 after 14 years of providing access to and awareness of cochlear implants.
We'd like to thank all of the amazing people who donated expertise, time and money to make it possible for us to give the gift of
hearing to so many. It took a village! Please see our scrapbook video for some of the highlights of people who comprised our amazing village.
There were many more volunteers and faces than we could fit in a video. We were blessed by so much help and support.
We could not have done what we did without this village. Here is an overview of some of the things we were able to accomplish:
- Leveraged over $4 million worth of cochlear implant surgeries
- Directly funded 35 surgeries
- Facilitated over 100 surgeries
- Provided a support system for CI candidates and their families
- Converted thousands of inquiries for hearing aids to the CI path
- Created national CI awareness by participating in hearing loss events
- Received national attention in publications and on radio and TV
- Held major fundraising events including a gala, fairs, auctions and "friendraisers"
- Leveraged our resources by teaming with other CI-related charities (like the CNI)
- Remained an all-volunteer organization so 100% of donations supported our mission
There are other organizations with similar missions to the GOHF, and we hope you will consider supporting them to provide the gift of hearing.
Here are a few we know of:
It has been an honor and privilege to put back by helping others hear, and I want to thank
everyone who embraced this dream and walked with me on this journey by supporting the GOHF.
I especially thank those who stuck by me as I struggled when my hearing diminished then failed
and who celebrated along with me when cochlear implants gave me back my life.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.